e like to think of ourselves as an exceptionally strong team at Little Harriers. Ofsted requires that all nursery manager’s have their level 3 qualification in early years childcare. At Little Harriers, we are proud to say that as well as this, all of our Group Leaders have also achieved level 3’s & 4’s and are encouraged to work towards their level 5 and we currently have 4 staff with a full degree and 2 staff working towards their degree which is equivalent to level 6. Lucy also holds her Early Years Teacher status. They also all hold First Aid Certificates for Babies and Children.
ach age group has a named Group Leader who runs the room – they are supported by between 1 and 5 other nursery nurses who are based in the same room to ensure continuity of care.
ll staff attend Child Protection training and short courses run by Surrey County Council on a regular basis. We have an on-site Qualified Childcare Assessor who supports the staff who are training. The staff also receive regular training from the Manager who designs sessions that she feels are suitable for the staff.
career at Little Harriers offers:
- Small group sizes
- In-house training by Qualified on-site assessor
- Free uniform
- Weekly time slots to catch up on paperwork/planning
- Paid Bank Holidays
(nursery always closed)
- Small family run business that isn’t
part of a chain
- Paid Christmas week holiday
(nursery always closed)
- Bonus opportunities
- Performance related pay – feel valued!
- Further your career with a variety of qualifications available: NVQ 2,3,4, Foundation Degree in Early Years and Education, Montessori Early Childhood Course – short workshops available including; First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding Children and more
- Minimum 28 days paid holiday
pride ourselves on being a nursery with a difference and a genuinely friendly
and fun place to work; what child care should be about!
recruit both Qualified Staff, (NVQ2/3, Montessori, NNEB, BTEC or equivalent)
and Unqualified Staff who are looking to undertake training.
if you are friendly, reliable and have a love for working with children,
contact us at:
Little Harriers on · 01483 277299 · firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to complete an application form to apply for a career at Little Harriers, you can download one below. Just print it off, complete the form and return it to the Nursery.
here to download
a staff application form (PDF document)